Java script has been disabled in your browser, please check if the URL in address bar is '/en/common/administration/claims.asp' Claims Procedure

ACBO Logo Morneau Logo

Submitting a Claim


Prescription drug claims that are purchased at the point-of-sale using the Plan Member’s pay-direct drug card are submitted directly to the insurance company and the Plan Member is not required to pay out-of-pocket. Any portion of the claim not reimbursed because of plan limitations (e.g., coinsurance amounts, deductibles, etc.) is the responsibility of the claimant.

Your insurer provides a health claim form for prescription drug claims that are not reimbursed using a pay-direct drug card as well as any other type of health claim (e.g., paramedical practitioners, vision care, supplies etc). This form must be completed and signed by the Plan Member. Please advise Plan Members to attach original receipts when submitting a claim (photocopies not accepted). Plan Member should keep a photocopy of all claim documents.

Dental claims are typically submitted electronically through your Dental office.

Return to the top of the page

Health Claims

Prescription Drugs

Most transactions will occur at the point of sale (i.e., pharmacy).

If, for any reason, the Plan Member’s pay-direct drug card was not used at the point of sale, or if the Plan Member loses hispay-direct card, simply have the Plan Member complete the insurer’s drug claim form and attach the original receipt(s). Plan Member may submit claims directly to the insurer.

Other Health Claims (e.g., vision care, health professional services, prostheses, etc.)

Have the Plan Member complete the appropriate claim form and attach the original receipt(s). Plan Member may submit claims directly to the insurer.

Authorization from a physician is required for certain paramedical practitioners - please refer to the master contract for additional details. Paper claim submission forms can be obtained here.

Return to the top of the page

Dental Claims

For any extensive course of treatment involving crowns, bridgework, etc., which may exceed $300, we recommend the Plan Member ask his/her dentist to complete a cost estimate before the work is completed. Send the estimate to the insurer’s claim department to determine how the expenses will be reimbursed.

Before incurring any large dental expenses, or beginning any orthodontic treatment, the dental service provider should complete a treatment plan and submit it to the insurer. The insurer will calculate the benefits payable for the proposed treatment, so the Plan Member will know in advance the approximate portion of the cost they will have to pay.

Return to the top of the page

Disability Claims

Long Term Disability

In case of a disability due to sickness or injury, Great-West Life must be notified at least 6 weeks prior to the end of the waiting period. To ensure timely claim processing, all forms/sections contained in the package must be completed.

How to Make a Claim

To submit claims online, click on the following link. You have the option of submitting paper or electronic claims. Please follow the instructions on the Great-West Life site. There is a guide available for paper submissions on the site.

Online claim submission

Submitting a claim for Long Term Disability Income Benefits can be completed in three steps:

  1. Print, read and have the Plan Member complete an Employee’s Authorization Request. Fax or mail it to the appropriate Disability Management Services Office (DMSO).
  2. Print an Attending Physician’s Statement to be completed by Plan Member’s physician. Fax or mail the form to the appropriate DMSO.
  3. Complete Employee’s Statement and have him either submit it securely online or, if preferred, print and fax or mail it to the appropriate DMSO.

Click here to begin the online claim process

If you have any questions about submitting the documents online, contact GWL at 1-855-755-6729.

Paper claim submission

To help the Plan Member submit a paper claim click on the link below for a guide on the claim submission process for the Plan Member.

The guide contains the applicable forms, which can be mailed or faxed to the local Disability Management Services Office.


Central Toronto DMSO
330 University Avenue
Toronto ON M5G 1R8
Toll free: 1-866-544-9415
Fax: 1-855-827.1872
Email this office
Hamilton DMSO
Suite 801 Commerce Place 1 King Street W
Hamilton ON L8P 1A4
Phone: 905-317-2660
Toll free: 1-800-330-2270
Fax: 1-844-825-1462
Email this office
London DMSO
255 Dufferin Avenue L1104
London ON N6A 4K1
Phone: 519-435-7229
Toll free: 1-866-325-6413
Fax: 1-844-816-1040
Email this office
Ottawa DMSO
300 – 11 Holland Avenue
Ottawa ON K1Y 4W4
Phone: 613-761-3940
Toll free: 1-800-283-5375
Fax: 1-844-569-3133
Email this office
Scarborough DMSO
Suite 400 55 Town Centre Court
Toronto ON M1P 5B5
Phone: 416-290-3770
Toll free: 1-800-761-7444
Fax: 1-888-214-4401
Email this office

Return to the top of the page

Life and Dependent Life Claims

  1. The plan sponsor and beneficiary must complete the applicable sections of the Great-West Life Group Life Claim Form
  2. Attach the original death certificate
  3. Once all sections of the form are completed by the appropriate individuals, it should be sent to Great-West Life head office along with the Plan Member's original Enrolment Form
  4. Please keep copies of all forms submitted for your records

Return to the top of the page

Accidental Dismemberment Claims

Complete the claim form found on the carrier site along with the Attending Physician Statement for a dismemberment or loss and submit it with the Plan Members original enrollment form. Also attach an accident report, if applicable.

Return to the top of the page